Sunday, December 14, 2008

Common Questions

Who are you? Where are you from? Why are you a Wedding Photographer?????!

My name is Amoreena Berg. I was brought up in the Bay Area. I went to undergrad in Santa Barbara where I studied Sociology and worked with a local photographer. After undergrad I moved back up to the Bay Area and went to graduate school convinced that I needed a masters in something. I really wanted to go to the Academy of Art but was again derailed and got my masters in Psychology. On the side I was constantly freelancing in photography shooting portraits, porfolios for models and actors, and doing promotional ad work for nightclubs.

I have been using photoshop since it was invented. I fell into wedding photography. I knew I wanted to do photography full time after spending the majority of my career in the psychology world. I also love being a therapist, but my passion is photography. I love my job. It’s amazing and exciting!

What are your goals / plans?

My goal is to keep learning and pushing my limits with photography. I plan to make this a full time business and keep my MFT license active working part time as needed.

What is in your bag?

2 5d's, 1 20d, 2 580 flashes, 17-55mm 2.8, 70-300 IS 2.8, 24-70 2.8, 14mm, lens baby composer, 20 gigs of cards, double A batteries

How long have you been shooting weddings?

This is my fouth wedding season.

How many weddings have you shot?

Around 60 - I shot 37 last year - I plan to shoot around 45 this year!

What are people saying?

http://www.yelp.com/biz/amoreena-berg-photography-san-francisco

What is the process?

It all starts with you checking out my work. Then the email - most of the time I will give you a call as soon as I can so we can talk about your wedding to see if we would be a great fit. Then we can meet at my house in the Oakland Hills or at a local coffee shop. I hold all meetings during the week and occasionally weekend. We sit, talk - look at my books. Then you guys email me requesting a contract through email - I send that over to you. You email it back to me:

Amoreena Berg

63 Homeglen Lane

Oakland, CA 94611

The deposit is half down. Then you guys let me know when you can shoot the engagement session - most couples like to do this a few months before the wedding. I put the photos up online so you can show them to your friends and family and send you the dvd.

Tell me about the wedding day and your role!

I arrive an hour before the bride puts on her dress. A lot of my couples see each other before the ceremony. This allows us a lots of unstressed time to take fun cool portraits. Some don’t - then we take those during the cocktail hour - it takes around 45 minutes.

I shoot with a long telephoto lens during the ceremony - I rarely use flash and you will not notice that I am there. I will capture things - emotions - moments and you will be surprised because I will never be that close to you during the ceremony.

Then we do the family photos - or you can have the family come before hand.

I capture the details during the cocktail hour.

I have fun at the reception- I get in the mix of it. I capture the faces - the party - the tears. I don’t miss a beat.

I exit a little bit after the cake and toss - when I get tons of dancing. I ask you guys before I go to go around and take photos of loved ones we might have missed!

You will get the photos 3 - 4 weeks after - unless you get rush service. Please choose 100 photos for the album .

I will send you the album 1 - 2 months later!

Who do you work with?

My sister and almost always shoot together on weddings 6hr and more. I sometimes work with a few other photographers as assistants if necessary. They are my all 2nd shooters. They are there to make things go smoother, quicker and to capture the candid shots. I rarely shoot alone anymore.

How long are the engagement / trash the dress sessions?

Two hours before sunset.

Where will the engagement photos be?

On one of my online galleries, currently I use Pictage and Digilabs.

Visit The Knot

No comments:

Post a Comment